Market Place Holy Island
A traditional stone cottage of great charm and character situated in the centre of
Holy Island village. Spacious and comfortable, with excellent furnishings and facilities.
to Holy Island, 2 miles across the causeway from the mainland of Northumberland, accessible twice daily at low tide, a beautiful and peaceful location with secluded beaches, the historical Lindisfarne Priory and Lindisfarne Castle. An important centre of early Christianity in Britain, it is also a wildlife sanctuary for Grey seals and thousands of sea bird visitors throughout the year. Britannia House itself is a traditional late 18th Century stone cottage of great charm and character, situated in the centre of Holy Island Village, spacious and comfortable, excellent furnishings and facilities.
3 bedrooms sleeping up to 6 persons.
Comfortable living room with twin sofas and armchair, original oak beams, open fire and large bay window looking onto village green. Fully fitted kitchen and separate dining room seating six people. Small back garden patio with garden furniture and wooden bench seat at the front of house.
Large Master bedroom with king-size double bed, walk in wardrobe and large bay window, views across the village green and depending on the time of year, the North Sea beyond. 2nd bedroom has two three foot bunks, [NB 10 stone weight limit on top bunk]. Bathroom with toilet, hand basin, bath and overhead shower.
Stylish loft conversion, comprising twin bedroom with skylight windows and views towards St. Cuthbert Isle. Adjacent bathroom, toilet, hand basin and modern walk-in shower, plus a cosy landing with seating.
- Bedding, sheets & towels are provided and included in price.
- Dishwasher, washing machine & tumble dryer, iron & ironing board.
- Electric cooker, microwave, fridge-freezer, kettle, toaster.
- Oil fired central heating throughout; fuel & electricity included in price.
- Patio with outdoor furniture.
- Parking at side of cottage.
- Travel cot & high chair provided on request.
- TV with freeview, CD-DVD player, HiFi Radio & CD player.
- WiFi (free); Telephone (incoming, emergency & 0800 calls only).
- Wood burner stove in lounge (wood not supplied).
- Cottage is strictly non-smoking.
- One small pet by arrangement.
Weekly: November-March £400 > £550 & April-October £550 > £850
Short winter breaks from £350; Friday > Monday; Monday > Friday
- 4-Star Award